Sunday, November 21, 2010

365 days, a journey to find joy in every day!

Lazy day today.  I took Dad to church, then went grocery shopping for Thanksgiving dinner, then back to clean house, then off to Michael's to cash in on that sale on art supplies. It still feels like I didn't accomplish much.  Perhaps I am viewing myself in the light of my former days, when I worked sun up to sun down, and accomplished a weeks worth of work in a day.  But today was supposed to be a day of rest, and I didn't.

Yes, I did manage to sneak in a nap between the shopping and the cleaning.  Yes, I managed to watch a little TV.  You all already know that I used all  my energy playing Treasure Isle.  And yet no feeling of accomplishment.

What exactly does a day of rest mean?  Is it sitting around with someone watching TV?  Is it skipping the housework?  Is it putting off to tomorrow what I could do today?  I haven't quite figured it out yet, but I know eventually I will.

In light of all that, I was feeling king of blah.  Not unhappy, not discontent, just blah. This may be one of those days, I thought, where it might be hard to find joy in the day.  But then again, joy is something that is not ethereal depending on my feelings.  So where is that joy today?  Is it under my feet? Under my nose and I can't seem to get to the depth of my soul to find it? 

I certainly didn't find it in keeping busy.  Or in being lazy.  Or in anything that I had done myself.  It is not anywhere on some channel on TV.  I can't seem to find it in listening to the radio.  Where was it today?

And then a song came on the radio.  "It's Your love, Your love, reaches to the heavens, It's your love, your love, that's all I have to give. It's your love, your love that lights up the darkness, It's your love, all I ever needed is your love."  Thank God for His love, and Brandon Heath for his song. This song helped me find my joy today.

It is His love for me.  His love that reaches out to me every minute of my life.  His love that is with me and has never left me.  I didn't do anything to deserve it, I can't buy it, It is not something that any attribute I have will ever win.  He just loves me.  Just like I am.

That is today's Joy!  Joy that is concrete, reliable, undeniable.  Something that no feeling can ever replace.  God's love!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcomed!

The Least of These

My sons and daughters blessed me so much this weekend.   It was Mother’s day, and they did not leave me alone or forgotten during this qu...