Monday, November 15, 2010

Finding Joy

Day 4.  Awake at 3 Am.  Would love to sleep in. I envy the dog and cat this morning, able to sleep at the drop of a hat, any time of day.  So far, and we are only 2 hours and 43 minutes into it, this day is one of those I knew would come when I decided to take this challenge.

I have heard it said so many times over the course of my lifetime.  Know your enemy.  My enemy knows me well. He knows I hate Monday.  He knows that I am attempting to be joyful this morning.  He knows I had a full weekend, and He intends to upset my applecart today.  And many more to come.  He is planning on dancing on my head this morning, and making me think inglorious thoughts, and doubt myself.

He knows me too well.  But I know Him enough, and that is all I need.  I recognize when he may attack me, what methods he uses, and I am armed.  True, my ability in resisting his attacks is very minimal.  But I have a Father in heaven, who made him and who knows just what the plan is.

So there.  That is my joy for today.  In spite of the pain in my leg, and the worries in my head, I have someone who knows me better than I know myself, and has a plan for my life, for good and not for evil.

So THERE!!!

PS.  The OH-NO showed up tonight at my door.  Actually, I was the OH-NO, making scary noises to see if Piper the Pup would bark when she heard a noise.  I had started this game with her last week, where I would shout loudly "OH-NO!"  and she would get up  and look around wildly to see what was wrong.  Now when I say "OH-NO!" she is on red alert.  

I felt kind of bad about it later, although she is funny when she goes looking for the OH-NO.  She was scared, of nothing.  Or something that she doesn't know about. Or something she can't see. 

Like me this morning.  Oh-NO!  

One more piece of joy, laughing at myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcomed!

The Least of These

My sons and daughters blessed me so much this weekend.   It was Mother’s day, and they did not leave me alone or forgotten during this qu...