Saturday, November 20, 2010

365 days, a journey to find joy in every day!

This is day 8.  First day of week two.  It was a long, long day.  So long in fact, that I was falling asleep at my desk, buried under a pile of paperwork.  Apparently applying for retirement is a long drawn out process, which no one is really sure about.  Someone sent me papers to fill out, which I did, then said, no those were the wrong papers, I will send you more.  Besides actually doing the work I have to do, I was caught up in what box do I mark where, and who does it go to.  No wonder some people keep working until they die.

However, the joy in this day is that it is FRIDAY!!!  And once I am off work, I can shut it all down, and rejoice in my freedom.  Ah, an entire weekend of freedom.  Or so I think.  There is always something comes up, so I am sure I won't be completely free.  Only mostly free.  Which reminds me of a line in a movie that I really love, "The Princess Bride".  One of the characters is apparently an expert on death.  And he finds someone who looks dead, but confirms that he is not "All dead, just mostly dead."  That is how I am feeling at this minute.  Not all dead, just mostly dead.  And then I remember that I am not dead at all.  And today is Friday.  And tomorrow I will think that I am free.  I might not be, but I will think that.

And then I think of the most important freedom of all.  The freedom I have in Christ.  I am not bound by rigorous religious lines that say I can't do this, and I can't do that, because in Christ I am free to do all things.  Although somethings might not be profitable for me, I am free to do them. And that brings me to the thought of all those unprofitable things that I have done before, and later said "Boy, I should not have done that."  And that brings my mind back to Friday.  Most of those things occurred in celebration of Friday.  Perhaps I shall just stay in tonight. And be smart about Friday.  Lay on the couch and play "mostly dead." before someone catches on to me.

As you can see, a long week at work has my mind running in circles.  And now I am back to the freedom I have in Christ, to blog anything I want, at the risk of burning circles in everyone's brain, and further damaging my own.

However, tonight I think I will just rest in my freedom.  That will be my joy.  I am free, and it's Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcomed!

The Least of These

My sons and daughters blessed me so much this weekend.   It was Mother’s day, and they did not leave me alone or forgotten during this qu...